Uplift Psychology Group (Uplift) is a group practice located in San Jose, CA. We provide high-quality therapy services to individual adults, couples, adolescents, and children. We also offer psychological evaluations, which include assessments for cognitive and emotional functioning, as well as evaluations for common conditions, such as ADHD and Autism.
Please visit our website at www.upliftpsychgroup.com for more detailed information about the services we offer.
Uplift is looking to expand our footprint to Southern California, specifically in the San Diego Area, and we are also looking for qualified therapists in the Bay Area. We are currently seeking a qualified San Diego based therapist to join our growing practice. This position is an exempt, full-time position.
The clinical therapist will provide both in-person and online individual, family, child/adolescent, and/or couples therapy to clients of Uplift. Treatment specialties preferred include working with individuals with diverse backgrounds, trauma, experience in working with LGBTQ+ populations, couples counseling, ability to work with high functioning individuals, and anxiety and depression management with individual adults. We are also considering therapists who specialize in evidence based therapies for children and adolescents.
Reports to Shereen Mohsen, Psy.D., owner of Uplift.
- Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree in counseling or clinical psychology. PhD’s, PsyD’s, LMFT’s, LPCC’s, LCSW’s are welcome to apply
- Active, unrestricted California-licensed clinician registered and in good standing with the BOP. A copy of the license must be provided
- Liability Insurance
- Available to maintain a full caseload of clients
- Negotiable start date
- If there is an interest in conducting psychological assessments, training and experience in providing psychological evaluations is mandatory
- Passionate about the field of psychotherapy and helping others
- Thorough and extensive training as a therapist
- Trauma-informed, psychodynamic, EMDR, CBT, PCIT, Gottman and/or EFT-trained/certified a strong plus
- Compassionate, personable, hard-working, team-oriented, and reliable
- Must not work in another private practice setting independently or for another group practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform in-person and virtual clinical counseling services to clients of Uplift, as scheduled, and in accordance with company policies
- Regular and reliable attendance to meetings and all sessions with clients
- Be properly licensed and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for Uplift
- Respond to clients’ requests for service or calls within 24 hours whether such requests are made in person, by phone, voicemail, or by email
- Communicate with a client’s treatment team (i.e., PCP, psychiatrist, school, etc.) as necessary
- Timely completion of written records for each client including, but not limited to: intake notes, progress notes, treatment plans, and termination notes. Maintain accurate and up-to-date calendars and client information using practice management software (SimplePractice)
- Charge and collect payments from patients for services provided consistent with the policies and rates for such services as established by Uplift
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and training as directed Uplift
- Be respectful of and cooperative and collaborative with co-workers
Why Uplift is Different and What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- $500 annual stipend for licensing fees and CEUs
- Consistent referrals with no marketing efforts required by you
- Flexibility in your schedule for when you choose to see clients
- Enjoyable, diverse, motivated, and rewarding clients
- Excellent professional growth opportunities including peer consult opportunities, advanced training, the ability to lead group workshops, and more
- Warm, friendly, collaborative and supportive teamwork environment
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.